Stolen Scooter Lower Level Lauinger Library Bicycle Rack
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised that on Friday, August 07, 2020, GUPD reported to MPD the theft of white Vespa Scooter occurring on Sunday, August 02, at 5:07 p.m.. Based on the video surveillance, two (2) unknown subjects described as Suspect 1: black, male, slim build, dark complexion wearing a teal tee-shirt and blue jeans, Suspect 2: black, male, medium build, dark medium complexion wearing khaki short, white socks, and black shoes were captured on loading the above referenced moped scooter into a dark in color Jeep Grand Cherokee and then fleeing the area southbound on 37th Street Northwest.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who sees the above described scooter to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact (GUPD) at (202) 687-4343.
Date: August 02, 2020
Time: 5:07 p.m.
Location: On Campus
Address: Lauinger Library Lower Level Bicycle Rack
Incident type: Stolen Scooter (Auto)
Respondents: Georgetown University Police Department
Witness description of suspect(s): Suspect 1: black, male, slim build, dark complexion wearing a teal tee-shirt and blue jeans, Suspect 2: black, male, medium build, dark medium complexion wearing khaki short, white socks, and black shoes
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- Remember to always properly secure your scooters with a lock, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
The Georgetown University Police Department makes broadcast notifications when crimes posing a threat to the campus community are reported to GUPD or (MPD), in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.