Stolen Moped Scooter Thompson Athletic Center
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised that on Thursday March 05, 2020, a student reported to the Georgetown University Police and the Metropolitan Police Department that at 2:59 p.m. an unknown suspect described as a black, male, slim build, dark complexion wearing all black clothing and yellow gloves stole their blue in color VIP 50cc Motor Scooter from the Thompson Athletic Center. The subject was captured on surveillance cameras fleeing the area eastbound on Canal Road Northwest.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who sees the above described scooter to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact (GUPD) at (202) 687-4343.
Date: March 05, 2020
Time: 2:59 p.m.
Location: On Campus
Address: Thompson Athletic Center
Incident type: Stolen Moped Scooter (Auto)
Respondents: Georgetown University Police Department, and Metropolitan Police Department
Witness description of suspect(s): black, male, slim build, dark complexion wearing all black clothing and yellow gloves
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
1. Remember to always properly secure your scooters with a lock, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
2. On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
3. Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
4. Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
5. Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
The Georgetown University Police Department makes broadcast notifications when crimes posing a threat to the campus community are reported to GUPD or (MPD), in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.