Robbery 3300 Block of Dent Place
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is currently conducting an investigation into a reported Robbery that occurred on Monday December 4, 2017 at approximately 7:00 pm in the 3300 block of Dent Place Northwest.
The victim (Non GU Affiliated) reported that while walking in the area of the 3300 Block Dent Place Northwest, they were approached by two Black males and one Hispanic male all wearing dark hoodies with black backpacks. The suspects forced the victim to hand over their cell phone by fear. Two of the suspects were last seen riding away on a purple bike and a blue bike. No weapon was seen or implied. The victim did not sustain any physical injuries.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: December 4, 2017
Location: Off Campus
Address: Intersection of 33rd and Dent Place Northwest
Incident type: Robbery Fear
Respondents: Metropolitan Police Department
Victim(s): Non GU affiliate
Victim(s) status: Not injured
Witness description of suspect(s): Three suspects all wearing dark hoodies with black backpacks, two of the suspects left on a purple bike and the other left on a blue bike.
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.