Off Campus Sexual Assault 1200 Block of 33rd Street Northwest
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised The Metropolitan Police Department Sexual Assault Unit (MPD) is currently conducting an investigation into a sexual assault that occurred on Saturday December 01, 2018 at approximately 1:57 a.m. in the area of the 1200 Block of 33rd Street Northwest.
A non GU affiliate reported to the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) that while inside a residence in the area of the 1200 Block of 33rd Street Northwest an unidentified Lyft driver described as a white, male, 30-35 yrs, sexually assaulted them.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Sexual Assault Unit at 202-727-3700, or the Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: December 01, 2018
Time: 1:57 a.m.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 1200 Block of 33rd Street Northwest
Incident Type: Sexual Assault
Respondents: Metropolitan Police Dept.
Victim(s) injuries: Sexually Assaulted
Witness description of suspect(s):
Witness description of suspect(s): white, male, 30-35 yrs, operating a Lyft vehicle
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
The Georgetown University Police Department makes broadcast notifications when crimes posing a threat to the campus community are reported to GUPD or (MPD), in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.