Burglary 1700 Block Of 34Th Street Northwest
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
On Saturday, November 18, 2017, a student reported to the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) and the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) that at approximately 7:00 a.m. an unknown suspect gained access to their secured residence through a window while they were sleeping and stole a television, gaming system, and a debit card from the living room area of the home. The suspect then canvassed the residence awaking one of the residents.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: November 18, 2017
Time: 7:00 a.m.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 1700 Block 34Th Street Northwest
Incident type: Burglary
Respondents: Georgetown University Police Department / Metropolitan Police Department
Witness description of suspect(s):
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.