Stolen Auto (Motor Scooters) 3300 Block of Prospect Street Northwest and Lauinger Library
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised that on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at approximately 2:52 p.m., a student reported to the Georgetown University Police (GUPD) and Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) that between Monday, October 30, 2017 11:00 p.m. and Tuesday, October 31, 2017 6:50 a.m. an unknown suspect stole their 2017, yellow Dycon 50CC Motor Scooter from the 3300 Block of Prospect Street Northwest.
On Tuesday, October 31, 2017, at approximately 8:13 p.m., a second student reported to the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) that between 7:00 p.m. and 7:52 p.m., an unknown suspect stole their black in color 50CC Tau Tau Motor Scooter from the Lauinger Library Lower Level Bicycle Rack.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who sees the above described scooter to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact (GUPD) at (202) 687-4343.
Date: October 31, 2017
Time: 6:50 a.m. / 7:52 p.m.
Location: Off/On Campus
Address: 3300 Block Prospect Street Northwest / Lauinger Library
Incident Type: Stolen Motor Scooter (Auto)
Respondents: GUPD/Metropolitan Police Dept.
Witness description of suspect(s):
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
The Georgetown University Police Department makes broadcast notifications when crimes posing a threat to the campus community are reported to GUPD or (MPD), in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.