Sexual Assault – 33rd & Dent Place Northwest
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is currently investigating a Misdemeanor Sexual Assault that occurred in the area of 33Rd & Dent Place Northwest. The survivor (Non GU Affiliated) reported that while in the area they were approached by a subject described as a white, male, 20-30 years, 5’8” – 5’10”, average build, wearing a grey hoodie, possibly dark pants, and running shoes. The subject then touched the survivor under their clothing. The subject then fled towards 35Th Street Northwest.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Sexual Assault Unit at 202-727-3700, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at 202- 687-4343.
Date: October 26, 2016
Time: 8:15 P.M.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 33Rd & Dent Place Northwest
Incident type: Sexual Assault (Touching)
Respondents: Metropolitan Police Department
Witness description of suspect(s): white, male, 20-30 years, 5’8” – 5’10”, average build, wearing a grey hoodie, possibly dark pants, and running shoes.
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
The Georgetown University Police Department makes broadcast notifications when crimes posing a threat to the campus community are reported to GUPD or (MPD), in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.