Off Campus Lewd, Indecent, Or Obscene Act 1700 Block 35Th Street Northwest
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised that on Monday, October 23, 2017, this department (GUPD) learned that the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) Second District Detectives Office is currently conducting an investigation into a Lewd, Indecent, Or Obscene Act that occurred on Friday, October 20, 2017, at approximately 8:05 p.m. in the 1700 Block of 35Th Street Northwest.
On Friday, October 20, 2017, a student reported to MPD that while walking southbound on 35Th Street Northwest, they were approached by an unidentified subject described as a black male, 5’7” tall, wearing a black hat, black rain jacket, and dark jeans who was exposing himself to them. At the time of the incident the student also believes that the subject was armed with a pocket knife.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: October 20, 2017
Time: 8:05 p.m.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 1700 Block 35Th Street Northwest
Incident type: Indecent Exposure
Respondents: Metropolitan Police Department (MPD)
Victim(s): The victim was not injured in this incident.
Witness description of suspect(s): black male, 5’7”, wearing a black hat, black rain jacket, and dark jeans
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
Georgetown University’s Department of Public Safety (DPS) notifies the campus community when crimes are reported to DPS or the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) which the University believes represent a threat to its students or employees, in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to DPS and/or MPD.