Sexual Assault 3400 Block of P Street Northwest
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised The Metropolitan Police Department Sexual Assault Unit (MPD) is currently conducting an investigation into a sexual assault that occurred on Wednessday October 10, 2018 at approximately 5:30 p.m. in the area of the 3400 Block of P Street Northwest.
On Wednesday October 10, 2018, at approximately 6:30 p.m. a GU affiliate reported to the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) that while walking in the 3400 Block of P Street Northwest, an unidentified subject described as a black, male, 6’0″, 195 lbs, wearing a green and blue t-shirt with holes, blue jeans, and tennis shoes with a black backpack, touched them inappropriately. The subject then fled eastbound on P Street Northwest.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Sexual Assault Unit at 202-727-3700, or the Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: October 10, 2018
Time: 5:30 P.M.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 3400 Block of P Street Northwest
Incident type: Sexual Assault
Respondents: Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) and Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD)
Victim(s) Injuries: The victim did not sustain any injuries
Witness description of suspect(s): black, male, 6’0″, 195 lbs, wearing a green and blue t-shirt with holes, blue jeans, and tennis shoes with a black backpack
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
The Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) notifies the campus community when crimes are reported to GUPD or the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) which the University believes represent a threat to its students or employees, in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.