Indecent Exposure 1200 Block 35Th Street Northwest
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised that on Wednesday August 29, 2018 at approximately 10:30 p.m, a GU student reported to the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD), and the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) that at approximately 10:00 p.m., while in the area of the 1200 Block of 35Th Street Northwest they observed a male subject exposing himself. The male subject was described as either a white or hispanic male, 5’10” to 5’11”, approximately 25 YOA, dark hair with a thin beard, wearing a white shirt, and dark colored shorts, last seen fleeing into the wooded area in the 1200 Block of 35Th Street Northwest.
The Department of Public Safety is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: August 29, 2018
Time: 10:00 p.m.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 1200 Block of 35Th Street Northwest
Incident type: Indecent Exposure
Respondents: Georgetown university Police Department (GUPD) and Metropolitan Police Department (MPD)
Victim(s): The victim was not injured in this incident.
Witness description of suspect(s): Unknown male, 25 years of age approx 5’10 to 5’11 wearing a white shirt, dark shorts, dark hair with a thin beard
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
Georgetown University’s Police Department (GUPD) notifies the campus community when crimes are reported to GUPD or the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) which the University believes represent a threat to its students or employees, in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.