Sexual Assault – 3500 Block of Dent PL
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is currently investigating an Attempted Sexual Assault that occurred in the area of the 3500 Block of Dent PL on Wednesday August 2, 2016 at approximately 1:15 am. A Georgetown University Medical Student was approached from behind by an unknown male 5’9 to 6’0 wearing a dark hoodie. The unknown male pressed a weapon to the students back, covering the student’s mouth, telling them not to turn around or else you will be stabbed. The unknown male started to unbutton his pants, while sticking their hand up the students dress. The student screamed, causing the unknown male to run off while being chased by residents in the area, the unknown male then got into a grey sedan heading east towards Wisconsin Ave.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at 202- 687-4343.
Date: August 3, 2016
Time: 1:15 am
Location: Off Campus
Address: 3300 Dent PL
Incident type: Attempted Robbery/ Attempted Sexual Assault
Respondents: Metropolitan Police Department and Georgetown University Police Department
Victim(s): The victim was not injured
Witness description of suspect(s): 1 male 5’9 to 6’0 wearing a dark colored hoodie left in a grey sedan
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
The Georgetown University Police Department makes broadcast notifications when crimes posing a threat to the campus community are reported to GUPD or (MPD), in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.