Burglaries – Village C West
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
On the afternoon Monday, June 12, 2017, a summer program student reported a theft to the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) and Metropolitan Police Department (MPD). The student reported that an unknown suspect(s) gained access to a secure residence hall and stole U.S. currency some time between Saturday, June 10, 2017, 6:00 p.m. and Monday, June 12, 2017, 2:00 p.m.
On Wednesday, June 14, 2017, at approximately 7:00 p.m., a second summer program student reported a theft to the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) and Metropolitan Police Department (MPD). The student reported that between 8:15 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., an unknown suspect(s) gained access to the secured residence hall room and stole U.S. currency and a credit card. There were no signs of forced entry.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Dates: June 12, 2017 and June 14, 2017
Times: 2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Location: On Campus
Address: Village C West
Incident type: Burglaries
Respondents: Georgetown University Police Department / Metropolitan Police Department
Witness description of suspect(s):
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.