Indecent Exposure 3400 Block of Reservoir Road
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised that on Sunday June 10, 2018 at approximately 10:00 p.m., two GU students reported to the Georgetown University Police Department and the Metropolitan Police Department that at approximately 9:40 p.m., while in the area of the 3400 Block of Reservoir Road Northwest they observed a male subject exposing himself. The male subject was described wearing a grey hoodie with unknown color shorts, between the ages of 20 to 30 years, and approximately 5’7 in height. The subject was last seen fleeing across Reservoir Road.
The Georgetown University Police Department and the Metropolitan Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any subjects before or after the incident(s), to contact them immediately at (202) 687-4343.
Date: June 10, 2018
Time: 9:40 p.m.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 3400 Block of Reservoir Road
Incident type: Indecent Exposure
Respondents: GUPD and MPD
Victim(s): The victims was not injured in this incident.
Witness description of suspect(s): Unknown male, 20-30’s approx. 5’9 wearing a grey hoodie, unknown color shorts.
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
Georgetown University’s Police Department (GUPD) notifies the campus community when crimes are reported to GUPD or the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) which the University believes represent a threat to its students or employees, in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.