Robbery 3300 Block of O ST NW
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is currently conducting an investigation into a reported Robbery that occurred on Friday May 25, 2018 at approximately 11:50 pm in the 3300 block of O ST Northwest.
The victim (Non GU Affiliated) reported that while walking in the area of the 3300 Block O ST Northwest, they were approached by three black males all wearing dark clothing. One of the suspects pulled out a knife and forced the victim to hand over personal items by fear. All three suspects were last seen running southbound on 33rd ST. The victim did not sustain any physical injuries. The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. T
hey may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: May 25, 2018
Time: 11:50 pm
Location: Off Campus
Address: 3300 Block of O ST Northwest
Incident type: Robbery Fear
Respondents: Metropolitan Police Department
Victim(s): Non-GU affiliate
Victim(s) status: Not injured
Witness description of suspect(s): Three suspects all wearing dark clothing, last seen running southbound on 33rd ST.
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.