Robbery 1500 Block 35TH Street Northwest
Posted in Announcement
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised that on Monday February 11, 2019 a student reported to the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) that at approximately 7:20 p.m. while walking in the area of of the 1500 Block of 35TH Street Northwest, they were approached by a unidentified subject described as a black, male, 5’6″ to 5’8″, thin build, shoulder length dreadlocks, wearing a black and white sports jacket with lettering on the back who asked the victim “If they had any money?” After the victim replied no the suspect then stated “Don’t make this any harder then it has to be”. The suspect then took US currency from the victim and fled southbound on 35TH Street Northwest.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: February 11, 2019
Time: 7:20 P.M.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 1500 Block 35TH Street Northwest
Incident type: Robbery Fear
Respondents: Metropolitan Police Department (MPD)
Victim(s) Injuries: Unknown
Victim(s) status: Unknown
Witness description of suspect(s): black, male, 5’6″ to 5’8″, thin build, shoulder length dreadlocks, wearing a back and white sports jacket with lettering on the back
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
- On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
- Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
- Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
- Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
- Remember to always close and lock your office / classroom door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) notifies the campus community when crimes are reported to GUPD or the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) which the University believes represent a threat to its students or employees, in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.