Off Campus Burglary 1200 Block of 35th ST NW
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
Please be advised that The Metropolitan Police Department and the Georgetown University Police Department are currently investigating a burglary that occurred in the 1200 Block of 35th Street, NW on Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 6:00 a.m. An unknown suspect described as a male, 5’7 to 6’0, average build, 22-30 years of age, facial hair, wearing a dark hoodie and dark colored pants gained entry into the residence through an unlocked door. Once inside, the unknown suspect removed items from the residence before leaving in an unknown direction.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s) to contact the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) at 202-687-4343 or The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detective Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately.
Date: April 8, 2021
Time: 6:00 a.m.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 1200 Block of 35th Street, NW
Incident type: Burglary
Respondent(s): Georgetown University Police Department and The Metropolitan Police Department
Witness Description of the Suspect: Male of medium complexion, 5’7 to 6’0, average build, 22-30 years of age, facial hair, wearing a dark hoodie and dark colored pants
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
1. On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
2. Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 202.687.4343.
3. Lock all doors and windows on and off campus.
4. Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343 or use the LiveSafe app.
5. Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SafeRide escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE or use the LiveSafe app for a GUPD SafeRide escort.
The Georgetown University Police Department makes broadcast notifications when crimes posing a threat to the campus community are reported to GUPD or (MPD), in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.