Burglary 3400 Block “M” Street Northwest
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
On Monday, February 24, 2020, a student reported to the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) that between 8:45 a.m. and 9:00 a.m., an unknown suspect described as a black male, medium complexion, 25-35 yrs. old, 5”10” – 6”2”, medium build, wearing a black hoodie and dark jeans with a pair of headphones around his neck, entered their unsecured residence in the 3400 Block of “M” Street Northwest and stole a laptop.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: February 24, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 3400 Block “M” Street Northwest
Incident type: Burglary
Respondents: Metropolitan Police Department (MPD)
Witness description of suspect(s): black male, medium complexion, 25-35 yrs. old, 5”10” – 6”2”, medium build, wearing a black hoodie and dark jeans with a pair of headphones around his neck.
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all community members to practice the following security measures:
1. Remember to always close and lock your door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
2. On campus call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
3. Off campus community members with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
4. Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
5. Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
The Georgetown University Police Department makes broadcast notifications when crimes posing a threat to the campus community are reported to GUPD or (MPD), in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act (new window). The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.