Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
On Friday, June 16, 2017, at approximately 12:30 a.m., a Georgetown University student reported to the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) and the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) that at 12:15 a.m., while walking southbound in the 1200 block of 33rd Street N.W., a white male with a long curly beard, light brown hair, approximately 5'5" - 5'6", heavy build, wearing a dark t-shirt, khaki shorts and a baseball cap, grabbed her buttocks before running northbound on 33rd Street N.W. The GU student was not injured.
The Georgetown University Police Department is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident, to contact The Metropolitan Police Department Second District Station at 202-715-7300, or the Detectives Office at 202-730-1903, or the Command Information Center at 202-727-9099 immediately. They may also contact GUPD at (202) 687-4343.
Date: June 16, 2017
Time: 12:30 a.m.
Location: Off Campus
Address: 3300 Block of Prospect ST NW
Incident Type: Sexual Assault
Respondents: GUPD/Metropolitan Police Dept.
Victim(s): Georgetown Student
Victim(s) status: Not injured
Witness description of suspect(s): a white male with a long curly beard, light brown hair, approximately 5'5" - 5'6", heavy build, wearing a dark t-shirt, khaki shorts and a baseball cap
The Georgetown University Police Department reminds all students to practice the following security measures:
1. On campus students should call GUPD at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
2. Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and GUPD at 687.HELP.
3. Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are at home, and not opening the door to strangers.
4. Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify GUPD at 202.687.4343.
5. Students may utilize the services of THE NEIGHBORHOOD SHUTTLES or GUPD SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for GUPD SAFERIDES escorts.
6. Remember to always close and lock your office door, even when gone for only a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
The Georgetown University Police Department makes broadcast notifications when crimes posing a threat to the campus community are reported to GUPD or (MPD), in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to GUPD and/or MPD.