Burglary in Copley Hall
The Department of Public Safety is requesting that anyone who has information regarding this or any other incident(s), or who noticed any suspects before or after the incident(s), to contact them immediately at (202) 687-4343.
Date: November 15, 2013
Location: On Campus
Address: Copley Hall
Incident type: Burglary
Respondents: Georgetown University Police Department
Victim(s): There were no injuries to report
Witness description of suspect(s): No suspect information is available
The Department of Public Safety would like to remind all students to practice the following security measures:
1. On campus students should call DPS at 202.687.4343 regarding any safety concerns.
2. Off campus students with immediate safety concerns should call MPD at 911 and DPS at 687.HELP.
3. Practice security at home by not propping doors open, always keeping doors and windows locked, even when you are in residence, and not opening the door to strangers.
4. Students noticing suspicious activities or individuals loitering around entrances to residence halls, apartments, or townhouses should immediately notify DPS at 202.687.4343.
5. Students may utilize the services of THE SHUTTLE or DPS SAFERIDES escorts as a means of providing safe passage off-campus. Call 784.RIDE for DPS SAFERIDES escorts.
6. Always remember to close and lock your office, even when gone when only for a few minutes, and keep personal belongings out of plain sight.
Georgetown University's Department of Public Safety (DPS) notifies the campus community when crimes are reported to DPS or the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) which the University believes represent a threat to its students or employees, in a manner consistent with the Campus Security Act. The University uses its best efforts to provide information that is both accurate and helpful, but community members should recognize that the University is able to relay information only as it is reported to DPS and/or MPD.